1. 1 medium Onion
2. 2 tbs Vegetable oil
3. 3 cloves Garlic
4. 1 4-oz Chopped green chilis
5. 1 15-oz can Mexican style stewed
6. 1 tsp Lemon pepper
7. 16 ounces (4 c) Chicken broth
9. 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
10. 1 tsp Ground cumin
11. 1 tsp Chili powder
12. 4 tbs Flour
13. 0.5 tsp Hot pepper sauce
14. 0.5 cup Water
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and the garlic in the oil until the onion is softened.
- Add the chilies, tomatoes with their juice, broth, lemon pepper, Worcestershire, chili powder, cumin, pepper sauce, chicken, and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the flour with the water and whisk it to mix well.
- Stir the flour mixture into the soup and bring it back to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, salt, and pepper and garnish each portion with the tortilla strips.
- Cut the tortillas into 1/4 inch strips and arrange them in one layer on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake them at 400 for 10 minutes or until they are lightly toasted and crispy.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired.