1. 0.5 c butter, coftened
2. 1/3 c sugar
3. 0.5 tsp peppermint extract
4. 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
5. 1 egg
6. 0.25 tsp salt
7. 36 chocolate kisses
8. 1.25 cups all-purpose flour
9. 4 to 8 drop red food coloring
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and extract; mix well.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half; tint one partion red.
- Divide each into flour partions. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape each portion into a 9-in. log.
- Place one red log next to one white log; twist gently to create one swirled roll.
- Roll gently until roll become on log.
- Repeat with reaming dough.
- Cut each log into nine slices; roll each into a ball.
- Place 1 in. apart one ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly with a glass. Bake at 350 degree for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Press chocolate kisses into the center of warm cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool.