1/2 c Fresh cilantro
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Chili powder
1/4 tsp Ground cumin
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1/3 c olive oil
1/4 c Lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves Garlic
1 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Ground cumin
1 tsp Dried Oregano 1 pound Chicken breast
1 bag Tortilla chips
8 oz. Sour cream
8 oz. Salsa
8 oz. Black olives
4 ounce Cheddar cheese
1 large Romaine
- Make dressing ahead of time to marinate flavors.
- Refrigerate, but take out of refrigerator as chicken is grilling & let sit out to wait for salad.
- To make dressing:
- Whisk together the 1/2 cup cilantro,1/4 cup lime juice, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin, & 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add 1/3 cup of oil in a light stream while whisking until emulsified.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cloves minced garlic,2 tablespoons of oil, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin,1 teaspoon of chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt & 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Brush all over sides of chicken to coat.
- Let marinate in refrigerator for an hour.
- Lightly oil the grate of your grill to prevent sticking.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.
- Once cooked, let chicken sit for ten mins to rest while preparing remaining salad ingredients.
- Once cooled or brought to warm, slice on the diagonal.
- Take out any of your favorite corn tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, black olives, shredded cheddar or mexican cheese, sliced avocado, lime wedges, & romaine lettuce.
- Have fun with your Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad.