1. 3/4 c granulated white sugar
2. 1 tsp baking powder
3. 1/4 tsp baking soda
4. 1/4 tsp Salt
5. 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
6. 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
7. 2 Eggs
8. 1/2 c unsalted butter
9. 3 large bananas
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Flour & butter the bottom & sides of a 23 x 13 x 8 cm loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, & baking soda.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, & melted butter.
- With a rubber spatula, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until combined & the batter is thick & chunky.
- The important thing is not to over mix the batter. You do not want it smooth. Over mixing the batter will yield tough, rubbery bread.
- Scrape batter into prepared pot & place the slices of banana on top of the batter for garnish.
- Bake up to bread is golden brown & a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60 mins.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.