1/4 c Vegetable Oil
1/2 c Sugar
2 c Chocolate chips
1 c Brown sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 c or 1/2 c Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
2 each Eggs
2 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
-- Optional --
1/2 c Nuts, toasted
1 c Unsweetened coconut
- heat oven to 325° F. (Oven temps may vary from one to the other. Please check with thermometer prior to use)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter with both sugars; cream together with a large.
- Wooden spoon up to light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, salt, & eggs.
- Mix until well mixed.
- Add the baking soda to the flour & beat well.
- Add the flour in 3 parts mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Prepare a large silicone or parchment paper inlay; Scoop into tbsp,
- Bake up to cookies are golden around the edges, or just starting to firm up, but still soft in the centre, 10 mins.
- Remove from oven, &let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 mins. Transfer to a wire rack,
And let cool completely :
- Serve with a tall glass of milk or a steaming mug of tea or hot chocolate.