1 cup ripe banana, mashed (approx. 3 medium)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar (brown or white)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
Cinnamon sugar topping:
- If making your own buttermilk put 1/2 tablespoon vinegar in 1/2 cup measuring cup & fill the rest of the way with milk, set aside.
- Spray 2 loaf pans (8" x 4") with cooking spray or line two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Cream together sugar and butter .
- Add in mashed banana, vanilla & egg, & stir up to combined.
- Sift together salt, baking soda, flour, & cinnamon.
- Mix the rest of the way by hand, add half of dry ingredients & mix & then half of the milk & mix.
- Do the same with the other half of dry and wet.
- Do not over mix!
- Evenly divide batter into loaf pans or muffin tins.
- Combine the 1/4 cup sugar & 1 teaspoon cinnamon & sprinkle top of loafs or muffins generously with cinnamon sugar before baking.
- Bake at 350 deg F. For loaves bake for 50 up to55 mins or muffins 25 up to 30 mins or until knife comes out clean.