2 Pizza Doughs
3 tablespoon Butter
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Water
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 package Dry yeast
1 tablespoon Sugar
- To the cup of warm water add the dry yeast and sugar.
- Let stand 10 up to 14 mins.
- Add the salt, butter & flour.
- Toss well, turn out and knead until dough is smooth.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place.
- Punch down & allow to rise again.
- Roll dough to 0.25 inch thickness to fit pizza pan (or thinner if you want a thin crust) .
- Leave to rise again while you prepare the filling.
- Makes enough for 2 pizzas.
- We have found you can get a better pizza crust if you partially bake the dough before adding the toppings.
- We use a pampered chef pizza stone so after rolling the dough out on it will put it in the oven at 400 degrees F up to it just starts to brown.
- Then take it out & add the toppings.
- Times will vary from oven to oven so it is best to just keep an eye on it for your own oven.
- After adding your toppings cook at 400 - 450 degrees F for 15 up to 20 mins.
- Times will vary depending on your toppings so keep an eye on it the first few times.
- I put cheese on last & when it starts to bubble & brown nicely it's ready to eat.